Friday, January 25, 2013

First Day of Internship - Keeth Elementary School


First Day


Overall, my first day of internship was a success. When I walked into the classroom and looked at the students I instantly was reminded why I wanted to pursue teaching. My class is very unique and diverse. Since I am an exceptional education major, I have many different disabilities in my classroom. Majority of the students non-verbal or have major speech deficiencies, some student have visual impairments, and all suffer from some sort of intellectual disability, and I absolutely love them to death already. Knowing this, I was surprised the first day with how structured Mrs. Thurston’s class was, with all the different disabilities in her classroom, she seems to already show how she strives to meet all of their needs. I can already tell she has them in a routine for her classroom that really works for them both as a whole and individually. The classroom management that Mrs. Thurston has over her students is something I am really excited about watching her model to me and then learning from. She seems to know what works best for the students and the class flows so much quicker than I ever thought it could with the way she has things under control. (RED 6.10)

No comments:

Post a Comment