Monday, April 1, 2013

Jackson Heights- Assessment


I was pleased to see that one of the jobs that the ESE facilitators do at Jackson Heights is make sure students are comfortable and have the services they need for assessment. Whether this may mean pulling students into a quiet place, reading the test to the students, or modifying their tests based on their disability, the teachers go out of their way to support the students. I have loved watching teachers model this to me as I am learning each time it is time to test our kids. I have an opportunity every week to read the entire test to the students, as they respond on a separate piece of paper. This experience was new to me because I feel like if I never got to visually see my test, I would do terrible; however others would rather it that way.  It confirmed how all students are diverse and have many different learning and comprehension styles. ( REC 5.12)

No comments:

Post a Comment