Monday, April 1, 2013

Jackson Heights-

Since I am a facilitator in my second placement, we are not able to focus on all subject areas for the students because there are to many students to work with every subject on. Therefor, we are particularly focusing on how students are doing in reading/language arts and the other facilitator is focusing on math/science with the same students. I was able to work with a student today and we focused on her vocabulary while reading. I was able to teach her how to use the Frayer Model. Throughout the book, I encouraged her to write down all the words she did not know. I then modeled to her as I divided my paper into four parts and then described the words using my own words, gave three interesting facts about the word, described what its like, and then described what it is not like. I then had her do the remaining of the words she wrote down on her own. ( REC 6.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment