Monday, April 1, 2013

Second Placement- Jackson Heights Middle

My new placement has been a whole different ball game. I was placed at Jackson Heights Middle as an ESE facilitator for kids with learning disabilities. The cool thing about my position is that I am seven different classrooms a day which gives me a chance to observe different teachers and their teaching styles. One of the first classes I observed was participating in a readers theater and it was the first time, outside of my education at UCF that I was so excited to see students acting out as they read. Because reader's theater is an oral performance of a script, it is one of the best ways to promote fluency. In the exercise, meaning is conveyed through expression and intonation. The focus thus becomes interpreting the script rather than memorizing it. ( REC 6.4)

No comments:

Post a Comment